The BBI Combinatory Dictionary of English – Your guide to collocations and grammar – Third Edition expanded and revised
• BBI teaches you how to combine words with words to form phrases (so you can say “mortgaged to the hilt; I want something badly”).
• BBI also teaches you how to combine words into structures to form clauses and sentences (so you can say “I want you to go = What I want is for you to go”).
• So BBI helps you with both vocabulary and grammar.
• BBI shows you important vocabulary and grammatical differences between American and British English.
• BBI gives you plenty of examples that can serve as models for your own use of English.
• Some of these examples are authentic quotations from works of American and British literature.