Elements of Language: Developmental Language Skills (Third Course)
Using This Workbook
The worksheets in this workbook provide instruction, practice, and reinforcement for Elements of Language and Language Skills Practice.
This workbook is designed to supplement Language Skills Practice by providing additional instruction and practice to students who have not yet mastered the rules and topics covered in Elements of Language.
You will find throughout the workbook several special features, which have been added to aid students’ mastery of grammar, usage, and mechanics. The special features include notes, reminders, tips, points of instruction after instructional and exercise examples, and guided practice for the first one or two items in each exercise.
• Notes provide students with pertinent information related to the rule or topic covered on a given worksheet.
• Reminders review grammatical terms and concepts that were covered on previous worksheets.
• Tips provide students with tangible aids for understanding abstract concepts. These tips include mnemonic devices, identification tests, and recognition strategies.
• Points of Instruction explain how the rule or topic applies to the instructional and exercise examples provided.
• Guided Practice helps students with the first one or two items of each exercise by asking questions that guide students to the correct answer.
- Elements of Language: Developmental Language Skills (Fourth Course)
- Elements of Language: Grammar, Usage, and Mechanics Language skill Practice for chapters 1 – 16 (fourth course)
- Elements of Language: Developmental Language Skills (Fifth Course)
- Elements of Language: Developmental Language Skills (Sixth Course)